The Scrudrain sludge thickener
The Scrudrain sludge thickener improves upon conventional sludge thickeners by the use of an Archimedian screw, which has a polyester filter cloth attached, to form a drum with a screw inside. The rotation of the drum filter is achieved using an adjustable geared motor.
The filter cloth has a long life because it is not under tensile stress. The Scrudrain sludge thickener is supplied complete with control panel, washing pump, all ancillary items and are factory tested in order to minimise installation time.
Why use the Scrudrain for
- Sludge with 0.5 – 3% dry solids can be thickened to 5 – 15% dry solids.
- CE approved design manufactured using high quality AISI304 Stainless steel.
- Variable rotation speed to control the concentration of the thickened sludge.
- Can thicken up to 60m³ sludge per hour.
- Low polyelectrolyte consumption.
- The Scrudrain sludge thickener is supplied complete with washing pump and control panel, factory tested and ready to run.
- 2 year warranty on all working parts.
How the Scrudrain works
See image to the right. The design of the Scrudrain sludge thickener enables easy and simple control of the dewatering process. This is achieved by adjusting the rotating speed to achieve optimal dewatering time and sludge thickness. It also minimises the use of polyelectrolyte according to requirements. The filter cloth is cleaned using a high-pressure water washer.
- Emergency Overflow
- Preconditioning Tank
- Polyelectrolyte Inlet
- Sludge Inlet
- Washwater Inlet
- Filtrate Outlet
- Thickened Sludge Outlet
- Control Panel
- Sludge Inlet