The Allerton Mini Biofilter
The Allerton Mini Biofilter is a small sewage treatment system ideal for individual homes or small commercial sites. Producing high quality effluent, this biofilter discharges direct to your watercourse or soakaway.¹
The Allerton Mini Biofilter is available in two models, the 6PE and 10PE. Typical uses for these sewage treatment systems are:
- 6PE: 6 person system for 3 bed houses and 4 bed houses
- 10PE: 10 person system for larger single houses or 2 x 3 bed houses
Why use the Allerton Mini Biofilter small sewage treatment system?
- Ideal for individual homes or small commercial sites.
- BBA certified and manufactured in accordance with our BS EN ISO 9001:2008 quality management system.
- Produces high quality effluent 20mg/l BOD and 30mg/l SS.
- Optional gravity or pumped outlet.
- 3 year warranty on all working parts.
- Low maintenance costs, 6PE Service and Desludging once a year, 10PE every six months, Installation, sewage servicing and sewage maintenance available.
How our small sewage treatment system works
See illustration to the right.² Raw sewage flows by gravity into the first stage of the primary settlement zone (5) of the Allerton Mini Biofilter. Here, the solids settle out leaving the liquid to pass through to the second stage (6) for further settlement before reaching the irrigation zone (7).
The effluent is then pumped (9) into the distribution system (1) and sprayed uniformly across the media (2), where it slowly drains through the media bed. The effluent is recycled many times through the media to achieve the necessary standard.
Finally, the fully treated effluent is pumped or gravitates to a watercourse or soakaway via the integral sample chamber (4).
¹Discharge to watercourse or soakaway is subject to consent from the relevant authorities. ² Allerton Mini Biofilter illustration is not drawn to scale.
- Sample Chamber
- Primary Zone
- Primary Zone Second Stage
- Irrigation Zone
- Irrigation Pump
Alternative sewage treatment systems
- Exempt sewage treatment system
- Medium sewage treatment system
- Septic tank conversion
- Wastewater sewage treatment